HIGH LEVEL DUSTING
High Level Dusting for Businesses
As more businesses incorporate industrial elements into their interior design, like exposed pipes, visible vents, and more, dusting becomes more important. While staff may be able to dust areas like counter tops and tables at the ground level, clearing up dust that accumulates in HVAC units, on top of pipes, and in other hard to reach places is equally necessary. Letting dust build up can be a fire hazard, a health hazard, and cause disasters if dust falls on clients – or, worse, into a customer’s food.
At Safe Kitchens, we work with restaurants and other businesses to complete high level dusting projects. Our goal is to keep your business clean, compliant, and profitable. We complete both deep cleaning projects and regular dusting in and around the Los Angeles area, including San Francisco, Santa Barbara, San Diego, Orange County, and Ventura County.
What Is High Level Dusting?
High level dusting refers to the process of dusting the parts of a building that are high, out of the way, or difficult to reach. Specialized tools are often needed to reach those areas and properly remove dust; a feather duster just isn’t going to get the job done.
Why Do Businesses Need to Worry About This?
Businesses often focus on the places where dust obviously accumulates. In restaurants, for example, staff regularly clean stovetops, ranges, counters, and shelving. But dust accumulates in HVAC ductwork and comes through vents. It can also accumulate on top of items that the staff won’t be able to access.
When Safe Kitchens completes a full-service commercial dusting project, we clean hard-to-reach areas, such as the tops of shelving units, exposed piping or ductwork, and vents.
Why Is High Level Dusting Necessary?
In industrial and professional settings, it’s important to complete regular and thorough dusting for many different reasons. For example:
- In kitchens, dust is a fire hazard. Dust can combine with fine particles to create a greasy substance that is difficult to remove, especially when it’s out of sight. When kitchens get hot, this substance can ignite and fire can spread quickly.
- Dust is a health hazard. Over time, dusty workplaces can cause breathing problems and make employees sick; this increases absenteeism and reduces productivity. It can also lead to worker’s comp claims, causing further loss to companies.
- Dust can affect technology. Dust can accumulate inside computers and other devices, making them overheat and function poorly.
- Dust creates a sense of neglect. In a restaurant, for example, customers should feel comfortable during their visit.
- When dust builds up, it can fall onto food and cause customer illness. This can lead to expensive lawsuits for companies.
Why Can’t the Staff Dust?
Staff can and should dust areas like desks, shelves, counters, tables, and behind the bar. Keeping glassware and visible bottles neat and tidy is a sign of a clean restaurant. Offices with clean windows and a sparkling front entrance look welcoming.
But cleaning ductwork, vents, exposed piping, and more – these tasks require professional tools and trained and experienced technicians. Your staff is also already busy. Asking them to complete these jobs is inefficient from a time and a budget perspective.
How Often Should Businesses Be Dusted?
If it’s been a while since your company has completed an industrial level dusting of your space, the first step is to schedule a deep clean of the area. Safe Kitchens will assess what is needed, then thoroughly clean dusty spaces. After that, we often recommend setting up regular dusting for your commercial space. This prevents the accumulation of hazardous dust and particulates that can create fire and health risks.
Safe Kitchens has been completing commercial and industrial dusting services in and around the Los Angeles area for years. We have worked in Orange County, Ventura County, Santa Barbara, San Francisco, and San Diego. We understand the local environment and have the right tools to make sure your space is clean, safe, and healthy. Contact us today for a free estimate on our services.